Saturday, July 28, 2012

Band Review - Jagged Row


Back around the end of September 2011 I was hanging out in the sound booth for the Incubus tour in Dallas when thanks to the "perfect" weather conditions we were having, the power went out. During the interval before everything was brought back on line I was approached by a local guitarist who gave me his business card and told me about his band "Jagged Row". I was especially intrigued when he stated that they would be playing with Finger Eleven at the state fair soon after. After I got home that night I managed to lose said business card, and it somehow took me about three months to find it again. And now, my first and greatly overdue, review of 2012 (That should have been released in 2011). Christopher, if you're reading this sorry for the delay.

My initial expectations of Jagged Row was higher than with most of the local bands I normally look at for two reasons, the previously mentioned conversation, and the business card itself (A little marketing goes a long way). The band's overall sound makes me think of a harder version of Paramore, but the more I listen I realize that isn't an entirely good description because their vocalist can also pull off a fantastic cover of "Barracuda" that I don't believe Hayley Williams could carry off in her own range. The band is very well produced with a nice warm sound, both in studio recordings and live footage they come across professionally. More importantly, they really seem to enjoy what they're doing, meaning this isn't just a job to them. In the long run that's what will help them the most because they will be able to keep doing music regardless of where it takes them. Here's hoping to a long and successful run.

Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/JaggedRow
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/jaggedrow
Website - http://www.jaggedrow.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment