Saturday, July 28, 2012

New Music Review: Pendulum - Immersion


I have a bit of a conflict when it comes to this album. It is one of the best albums of it's kind, and makes me think of the Prodigy on Crack, mixed with hardcore rock (listen to Self VS Self, a collaboration with In Flames). I have no complaints about the quality or any of the tracks, and I believe it may actually be one of the better albums of this year, but I must say this: If you were planning on buying the Deluxe edition from iTunes, boycott this album. I realize it is unusual to say after my previous statements, so allow me to explain. Immersion is being released right as Pendulum begins a partial U.S. tour with Linkin Park and the Prodigy. As cool as it is that they are finally coming here, they are also slighting us to a point. fans of the bandwho are on the mailing list have been waiting for the Immersion "LP"to be released on iTunes, which was reported to have 28 songs and 7 videos ( http://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/immersion-deluxe-version/id411660801 ), what we were not told however, is that the U.S. will not be receiving the "LP". Instead, we will be given a standard edition with 15 tracks, and a deluxe edition with 20 tracks and 3 videos ( http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/immersion-deluxe-version/id414760235 ). It may not seem like a big deal, but it is a difference of 12 parts. Pendulum needs to realize that their fans in the U.S. deserve to be able to access their music just as easily as the rest of the world. I'm not saying to refuse to buy the album completely, but I will advise you to wait until the full LP is available. You can help to bring it to the U.S. store, by emailing the UK link to iTunes support and requesting that it be made available for purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment