Saturday, July 28, 2012

Top 10 Sexiest Women in Modern Music (In no particular order)


That's right, I'm going there. Every single music publication seems to think it's necessary to do a rundown of the best of everything, including who's sexy in the industry, so here's my list. I almost put Skrillex on here, I mean if SPIN can call him a guitarist I figure I can call him a woman, but I realized they also had a lot more space to waste. (No offense if you read this somehow Sonny, much love, just think a guitar should be a guitar)


1. Lindsey Stirling: She is absolutely gorgeous to begin with, but even more than that, she has some serious passion behind what she does. It's incredibly attractive to see someone so dedicated and in love with what they do. Up until her I never would have used the term beautiful to describe Dubstep. Thumbs up for classical dub. 

2. Lzzy Hale: I think most people know of Ms. Hale by now, at least within the rock Industry. Her vocals are amazing and remind me of what rock use to be, She has such a classic vibe while still maintaining modern popularity (Was incredibly happy to hear her cover HEART's "All I Wanna Do...")

 
3. Jen Ledger: Let's talk about impressive. At only 18 she managed to secure her place as Skillet's drummer, and at times vocalist. The best part being she actually knows how to do both properly. Here's to true talent. 

4. Joss Stone: Because Jazz is still alive and well, and it's appearing in the younger generations finally. Interesting fact that some of you may not know, she has also had a very interesting acting career. Most impressive to me at least, was her role as Anne of Cleves in "The Tudors".

5. Alexis Brown: I'm fairly certain she's going to be the hardest rocker on this list. Straight Line Stitch has managed to push the stereotypical view of a female lead singer straight off a cliff and throws some TNT down behind it just to make sure it's really dead. She's a great screamer, but actually has a fantastic tone for normal singing as well when given the chance.

6. Elise Testone: For those who don't know, Elise was on this season of American Idol, which just ended. She had a shockingly powerful set of pipes and can pull off anything, new or old from what I've seen. I believe she has the potential to be one of the best female voices of her time if she keeps it up.

7. Shea Seger: So you know I have to include someone local. I discovered Shea Seger's music completely by accident at some point and I'm glad I did, otherwise I'd have missed out on some great music. She seems incredibly causal in the way she sings and it makes for a very relaxing experience. 

8. Barlow Girl: Call it cheating if you want, but I'm going to go ahead and jam all three sister into this. Alyssa, Becca, and Lauren have managed to remain true to their beliefs in an industry that at times can be very hard on those who choose to stay moral. It's a very attractive trait to see someone remain strong in their faith, religious or otherwise. That and they make some awesome rock/ pop as well.

9. Ellie Goulding: Odds are good most of us hadn't heard of her until she started collaborating with several dance/ dub/ electronic artists, but Ellie actually has a good range outside of that and is capable of tackling much more than just the next dance floor anthem.

10, Taylor Swift: She seems to take a lot of flack from people because she makes "poppy" music, but you really do need to respect her for her talent. She shows constant strength in her work and for those who haven't noticed, is actually quite good at what she does.

No comments:

Post a Comment