Saturday, July 28, 2012

New Music Review: Create A Monster - "Create A Monster"


5/5 STARS

Given that I've done several reviews of artists like T.I. and Skrillex, it might come as a surprise to some of you that while I do enjoy them, my heart has always been in Rock, not modern "rock", where it feels like the band may actually be using stones to bang on their instruments and are chewing them while yelling at full volume (I realize that you aren't all that way and love you for it so don't go getting bent out of shape with me just yet.), but truly pure clean music. I haven't heard anything close to that outside the blues lately, so when I was at SXSW last week to hear an entirely different band (The Last Place You Look - Review coming soon), I was pleasantly surprised to run across local rockers "Create A Monster". I haven't heard or seen a band in a long time that so perfectly exposed their souls to the audience (And can pull of some amazing live guitar solos). Whether young or old, if you're a fan of classic rock, you've been waiting for this band. This is generally the part where I would name the best tracks (in my opinion), and tell you if I felt like it was worth getting the whole album, but in this case you really need to hear the album in its entirety and appreciate the entire album from start to end (behold the 12 tracks of musical goodness). I can see some seriously good things coming for these guys in the future if they keep playing this way. Be sure to head over to their page ASAP (Do it now, or else, please) and share it with your friends. These guys deserve some major exposure. 

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/createamonstermusic

Tracklist:

1. Inspired
2. Ain't No Man
3. Stronger
4. Shine
5. Set It Free
6. The Wildest Of Things
7. Revenge
8. Save Me
9. Woman
10. Act Of Kindness
11. Everybody Needs Somebody
12. Reunion

No comments:

Post a Comment