Saturday, July 28, 2012

Music Review: Drop Tank: "Drop Tank"



I don't review a lot of music like this, but since an Aussie friend of mine sent it my way I thought I'd give them a shot... Those of you into the independent punk scene should enjoy this band greatly. They make me think of a slightly heavier(musically) Pat Benatar, although vocally the lead singer is a little higher and pitchy (This does work for the band's style however). By heavier I mean they have much faster instrumentals and even on the slower parts still have the sound of a hard rock band, which in a couple places may be overplayed, but overall makes for an enjoyable instrumental experience. This is ironically the closest thing to authentic punk music I've heard in a good while. In other words, this is NOT "Simple Plan", "Good Charlotte", or any of the 200 other bands who decided to call themselves "punk" in the late 90's .Truth be told I don't see myself personally blasting the album every day (my neighbors haven't killed me yet), but for the style it actually comes across quite well and I did find myself greatly enjoying "Can You Tell Me", and "Fantasia". If you're a fan of the Sex Pistols, you should go check them out.

Tracklist:

1. White Lady
2. Doin' Time
3. Can You Tell Me
4. Disfunctional
5. Take The A Train
6. Fantasia

No comments:

Post a Comment